Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Little Over Halfway There

This week has been pretty good. We had a doctor's visit and met one of the other doctors in the practice. No sonogram this time but we once again heard that fast, sweet little heartbeat. So cool to hear the baby loud and strong. My insomnia was MUCH better this week which is a welcome relief for me (as well as Ben). Hope that continues! I did start experiencing more intense stomach cramps around the top and bottom of the belly, apparently ligament stretching is not an enjoyable process; but it must be done. I went ahead and called the on-call nurse the first night it was bad and after speaking to her and my sister-in-law (who has experienced five pregnancies), I felt much better. A warm bath was the best advice I received from both of them. I love baths but have been out of the habit of taking them for the last few years. This week, I've had three and they have really helped. Bring on the bubble bath!
                                                  Here's what 22 weeks looks like! (Macy is by my side of course)

The other milestone this week is I've felt the baby kick a few times. I've been waiting to feel what everyone describes as flutters and it finally happened, though it still wasn't exactly what I thought it would be. I still can't describe it but I knew it wasn't a normal body gurgle or groan. I've even felt a few kicks with my hand on the outside of my stomach. I woke up Ben the night I felt the first one but I didn't wake him up quick enough and he was too sleepy to really believe me. He told me it was probably gas and rolled over. Thanks a lot sweetheart! ;) That's okay, there is no denying what I felt and it was pretty cool. I also picked up some cute booties for those little footsies. Our baby will be a dog lover, I'm pretty sure. 

Baby shoes are the cutest!


Not too much more to report with the pregnancy other than growing, growing growing! I know most of this is normal but I think I may need to get back to healthier eating. My indulgences from New Orleans seem to be continuing - dessert please and whatever is the richest thing on the menu. My goal this next week is to do better about fried foods and sweet snacks. There is a certain freedom about food right now that I don't usually let happen and am really enjoying, but... I can't go crazy for the next four months. I'm still going to cut myself lots of grace but I think remembering that the more nutrients (thus less fried food and sugar), the better for baby will help. But man, I loved the afternoon chocolate banana shake I had this week... I'll probably still need a few of those before May.


No comments:

Post a Comment