Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

99 Days To Go

It sounds like a long time to wait and a very, very short time as well. Only 99 days until our lives are going to change forever. Now, Ben and I were thinking the same thing just a year ago as we had less than two weeks until another life changing moment, our wedding. That life changing moment has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Yep, to say our lives have changed quickly since we met is an understatement. At times I'mmhit with disbelief to see how far we've gone in two years but it is always a resounding happy and satisfied disbelief. How did I get so lucky?? I don't have one regret about how we did it. Now, looking forward I am becoming more and more giddy at the prospect of meeting our baby and starting life with he or she as well. I marvel at night (when it's 4:00 am and my insomnia has gotten the best of me) that I'm laying there surrounded by my husband and child. How far life has come. I can't wait for the countdown to get closer to 1 day to go.

Over the past month and a half, we have been working on the nursery a lot. It is getting a lot closer and we are now getting to work on furniture and decorating - my favorite parts. This week we worked on the closet and Ben went to task assembling the dresser and crib. We had to work a redo on our new Elfa closet. This was the first time for both of us to have an Elfa closet installed and it is amazing! But if your measurement is off by half an inch and you can't open drawers it is not so good. Ben and I went to task on Saturday and got it all reorganized and working! Then Ben assembled our dresser and crib. I'm so glad he is handy!! We found the dresser at IKEA for a great price and my sister-in-law, Amy loaned us her crib. It is classic and perfect. Our crib bedding is also being shipped this week and I can't wait to see it. (How I love Etsy and all the amazing shops and products.) Next up is to pick out a chair, this will be our furniture expense for the nursery but I think it will be a worthy purpose - I hear we will spend a lot of time in our nursery chair. :)

I've been feeling pretty good but my IT band started really hurting yesterday after we took a short morning walk with the dogs. It's amazing how all the normal aches and pains seem to be magnified now and constantly changing. The IT band runs along the outer thigh down from your hip and usually if this hurts on me, I've been running a lot, training for a race; not taking a short Sunday morning walk to Starbucks with the husband. Nonetheless, my leg and outer hip were really sore and tight and walking really hurt so I took it easy for a few hours. Tylenol, heating pad, massage by husband, stretching and a little rest helped. I also went to another prenatal yoga class in the evening which was good for it. Hopefully, it is all worked out - I'll see today - I hate being injured and not being able to do what I want.

This week we have another doctor's appointment and I'm pretty nervous about this one. I will be taking the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I've been taking pretty good care of myself but my sweet tooth has been pretty strong (and my willpower not so much) the last month. Hopefully the fact that I've been active and getting a fairly well rounded diet will be in my favor. If I have it, hopefully it'd be a temporary thing only for the pregnancy but sometimes gestational diabetes becomes permanent which scares me. The family history of diabetes is what makes me nervous, my papa, Charlie, and cousin, Cynthia, both battled it for a long time. Dad was also diagnosed this summer and it has been life-changing for him. Dad has been an amazing example of how treatment can work, he got himself off insulin in six-months with positive changes in eating habits, slimming down and close monitoring. It hasn't been easy for him and Mom but I continue to be impressed by their dedication. No matter what the outcome is of my test this week, I know the hereditary link is lurking for Diabetes and I'll continue to work to prevent it. Hopefully though, I will have a good reading on Wednesday and won't have to worry about it for the rest of my pregnancy. Man, I hope that is the case because I'm going to need my chocolate these next 99 days. Have a great week everyone - Happy President's Day.



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment